MEK is a liquid solvent used in surface coatings, adhesives, printing inks, chemical intermediates, magnetic tapes and as dewaxing agents in lubricant base oil production. MEK also is used as a solvent for fats, oils, waxes and resins. It is a highly efficient and versatile solvent for surface coatings. Because of its effectiveness as a solvent, MEK is especially valuable in formulating high solids coatings, which help to reduce emissions from coating operations. MEK is the ideal choice for Epoxy thinning and cleanup.
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If any chemical comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all chemicals as per your council regulations for hazardous material.