Styrene is widely used in the manufacture of resins, plastics, and latices/emulsion polymers by both batch and continuous mass polymerization; by solution, suspension, and emulsion processes; and by various modifications and combinations of these techniques. Styrene can be used to thin polyester and vinylester resins.
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If any chemical comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all chemicals as per your council regulations for hazardous material.