900 Series Epoxy Finishcoat is a epoxy based top coat system that provides a tough, durable, quality finish on many different types substrates and surfaces. 900 Series can be used as a chemical/water tank liner, finish coat over existing fibreglass laminates, top coat for fibreglass and concrete swimming pools and and ideal floor coating for food areas, garages and concrete floor fridges. With the addition of Trojan’s Anti Slip additive, a slip resistance coating can be achieved. 900 Series has exceptional water and chemical resistance and is available in 3 colour choices, Light Grey, White and Sky Blue. 900 Series can be rolled or brushed onto the substrate. Thinning of the product is generally not needed. In the event that thinning is necessary only thin with MEK Solvent at 1% by volume.
Please note that 900 series is not a UV stable coating, although providing superior chemical resistance, yellowing of the colour can occur when exposed to large amounts of UV rays over time. When using this coating in an outdoor environment with UV exposure be sure to the seal the coating with a good quality, 2 part, UV stable polyurethane coating to prevent yellowing and aid with longevity.
900 Series Kit purchases online will come with both Part A and Part B resin.
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by volume only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and hardener for optimum performance.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Mix at a ratio of 3 Parts A : 1 Part B (900A : 900B)
- Use a syringe or measuring cup to measure hardener accurately, add to measured resin and mix slowly, ensuring not to create excessive air entrapment. Mix for approx. 30 seconds, ensuring to scrape bottom and edges of the mixing container. Once mixed 900 Series should be transferred to a paint tray to limit the amount of heat build up, which will shorten working time of the coating.
- Resin pot life will be approx. 60 – 70mins when mixed at a ratio of 3:1. *
- Epoxy resins a suspectable to amine blush at times, amine blush is an oil like film that appears on the resin surface once cured, and this is due to excessive moisture in the air, to minimize the amount of blush that may appear on the resin surface ensure you choose a low humidity day or environment this will aid in reducing the blush. In the event that blush occurs light wet sand and polish can improve the surface finish.
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or hardener comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.
* To be used as a guide only, ambient temperature and resin temperature will effect geltime and curing properties. The end user must test material before any application to ensure correct compatibility of the resin.