NPG Gelcoat systems by Trojan Fibreglass are high performance gelcoats manufactured using the highest quality base resins, raw materials and additives available. Trojans NPG Gelcoat systems provide exceptional protection from the elements. Australia has some of the harshest elements in the world and our NPG Gelcoats are designed specially to handle the Australian climate. Formulated to provide protection from the suns damaging UV rays, excellent resistance to water, corrosion, weathering and blisters. NPG Gelcoats by Trojan provide a high gloss durable finish and can be tinted to specific colors on demand.
NPG Gelcoats are formulated for both brush and spray applications, easy to spray/brush from the professional to the DIY, our gelcoats are designed to be used by everyone time and time again. NPG Gelcoats are designed as an unwaxed system to be used in fibreglass moulds and part manufacture. If you require a top coat consider our Finishcoat range which provide, excellent coverage, great leveling and a tack free finish.
Please note it is advised to only order and keep enough material as needed for your project. Always agitate well before use.
Catalyst: When purchasing 20kg of Resin, Catalyst will be sent separately.
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by volume or weight only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and catalyst for optimum performance.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Mix Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide (Catalyst) with resin at a ratio of 2% by weight or volume.
- Use a syringe or scales to measure catalyst accurately, add to measured resin and mix slowly, ensuring not to create excessive air entrapment. Mix for approx. 30 seconds, ensuring to scrape bottom and edges of the mixing container.
- Resin pot life will be approx. 7-12 mins mixed at a 2% catalyst ratio *
- If further thinning is needed use Styrene Monomer at a ratio of 0.5-1% by volume. Ideal spray gun tip size for gelcoat applications is 2-3mm.
- NPG Gelcoats should be sprayed at a minimum thickness of 0.8mm (wet film).
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or catalyst comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.
* To be used as a guide only, ambient temperature and resin temperature will effect geltime and curing properties. The end user must test material before any application to ensure correct compatibility of the resin.