Vinylester Laminating Resin VETP is a high performance bisphenol- A epoxy vinylester resin with exceptional corrosion and chemicals resistant properties. This resin is our flagship resin, formulated to the highest standard right here in our Australian production plant. This vinylester resin has stood the test of time with tens of thousands of swimming pools, yachts, chemical tanks, boat parts, caravan parts, aircraft parts and many more in circulation for decades and still as strong as the day they were made. Vinylester Laminating Resin is formulated with the highest quality base resin, additives and fillers. Tested and approved to tight specifications every time, before product is deemed ready for dispatch.
Vinylester Laminating Resin is able to be used for hand and spray lay up, with variable gel times for specific requirements. It provides excellent chemical resistance and is fully resistant to Sulfuric Acid (50%), Hydrochloric Acid (50%), Calcium Hypochlorite, Caustic Soda (50%). Vinylester Laminating Resin will show fast and effective fibre wet out, excellent air release and good reactivity. This resin is the industry standard for fibreglass pools, chemical tanks and leisure craft manufacture.
Catalyst: When purchasing 20kg of Resin, Catalyst will be sent separately.
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by volume or weight only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and catalyst for optimum performance.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Mix Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide (Catalyst) with resin at a ratio of 2% by weight or volume.
- Use a syringe or scales to measure catalyst accurately, add to measured resin and mix slowly, ensuring not to create excessive air entrapment. Mix for approx. 30 seconds, ensuring to scrape bottom and edges of the mixing container.
- Resin pot life will be approx. 25-35 mins mixed at a 2% catalyst ratio *
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or catalyst comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.
* To be used as a guide only, ambient temperature and resin temperature will effect geltime and curing properties. The end user must test material before any application to ensure correct compatibility of the resin.