Vinylester Infusion Resin is a low viscosity, non thixotropic resin designed specially for vacuum infusion applications. Formulated with our high performance vinylester base resin it shows excellent water, chemical and corrosion resistance. Vinylester Infusion Resin has a long pot life of approx. 60mins to ensure a thorough infusion process. Vinylester Infusion Resin will provide strong lightweight parts and with the combination of post cure can provide parts with excellent temperature resistance.
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by volume or weight only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and catalyst for optimum performance.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Mix Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide (Catalyst) with resin at a ratio of 1.5% by weight or volume.
- Use a syringe or scales to measure catalyst accurately, add to measured resin and mix slowly, ensuring not to create excessive air entrapment. Mix for approx. 30 seconds, ensuring to scrape bottom and edges of the mixing container.
- Resin pot life will be approx. 55-65 mins mixed at a 1.5% catalyst ratio *
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or catalyst comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.
* To be used as a guide only, ambient temperature and resin temperature will effect geltime and curing properties. The end user must test material before any application to ensure correct compatibility of the resin.