Vinylester Fillercoat Resin is a specially designed resin used in fibreglass pool relining. It is used as a filler to remove any micro air pockets, imperfections and patters from the fibre laminate. This product is used as the last layer before the topcoat is applied. It can be applied by a roller, brush or spray (thinning required). Vinylester Fillercoat is formulated using our high performance vinylester base which will also provide an additional chemical barrier which can aid in the prevention of osmosis damage and blisters in the surface. Vinylester Fillercoat has the highest physical and mechanical properties along with chemical and corrosion resistance. Vinylester Fillercoat can also be colour tinted before dispatch.
THIS PRODUCT IS MADE TO ORDER. SO PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR DISPATCH.
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by volume or weight only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and catalyst for optimum performance.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Mix Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide (Catalyst) with resin at a ratio of 2% by weight or volume.
- Use a syringe or scales to measure catalyst accurately, add to measured resin and mix slowly, ensuring not to create excessive air entrapment. Mix for approx. 30 seconds, ensuring to scrape bottom and edges of the mixing container.
- Resin pot life will be approx. 25 – 35 mins mixed at a 2% catalyst ratio *
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or catalyst comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.
* To be used as a guide only, ambient temperature and resin temperature will effect geltime and curing properties. The end user must test material before any application to ensure correct compatibility of the resin.