Vinylester Core Adhesive is a high performance vinylester based adhesive for bonding a wide range of fibreglass materials particularly for PVC , honeycomb, marine ply and fibreglass skins. Vinylester Core Adhesive has excellent mechanical and physical properties, and is ideal to be used in high performance applications that can be subject to water, chemical and high temperatures. Designed for use with a trowel or squeegee. A colour indicator is present in the resin to easily identify when catalyst has been added to resin and to ensure that it is mixed in thoroughly preventing any un-catalized resin.
THIS PRODUCT IS MADE TO ORDER. SO PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR DISPATCH…
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by volume or weight only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and catalyst for optimum performance.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Mix Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide (Catalyst) with resin at a ratio of 2% by weight or volume.
- Use a syringe or scales to measure catalyst accurately, add to measured resin and mix slowly, ensuring not to create excessive air entrapment. Mix for approx. 30 seconds, ensuring to scrape bottom and edges of the mixing container.
- Resin pot life will be approx. 20-30 mins mixed at a 2% catalyst ratio *
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or catalyst comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.