Surfboard Laminating Resin is an orthophthalic based polyester resin designed for FRP surfboard construction. It is a premium formulated product that shows excellent wet out properties of woven fibres along with low colour and rapid cure rates. For many years it has been a popular choice among surfboard and surf ski manufacturers.
Surfboard Laminating Resin is un thixotropic, UV Stabilised and provides a brighter surfboard on final cure. Simply laminate your board, and move out in the sun for a fast hassle free cure.
Catalyst: When purchasing 20kg of Resin, Catalyst will be sent separately.
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by volume or weight only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and catalyst for optimum performance.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Mix Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide (Catalyst) with resin at a ratio of 2% by weight or volume.
- Use a syringe or scales to measure catalyst accurately, add to measured resin and mix slowly, ensuring not to create excessive air entrapment. Mix for approx. 30 seconds, ensuring to scrape bottom and edges of the mixing container.
- Resin pot life will be approx. 8 – 12 mins mixed at a 2% catalyst ratio *
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or catalyst comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.