Surfboard Laminating Resin is an orthophthalic based polyester resin designed for FRP surfboard construction. It is a premium formulated product that shows excellent wet out properties of woven fibres along with low colour and rapid cure rates. For many years it has been a popular choice among surfboard and surf ski manufacturers.
Surfboard Laminating Resin is un thixotropic, UV Stabilised and provides a brighter surfboard on final cure. This resin comes pre catalized with a special UV curable catalyst. Simply laminate your board, and move out in the sun for a fast hassle free cure. UV curable Surfboard Resins do have a shorter shelf life, so storage is vital. Store in a cool dry area, away from heat and sunlight. Store in the original metal can with the lid sealed tightly, do not store in plastic. Normal shelf condition are approx. 3-4 months if stored correctly.
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by volume or weight only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and catalyst for optimum performance. Agitate well before use.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Resin pot life will be unlimited until part or laminate is moved out into UV or sunlight.
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or catalyst comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.