ISO Laminating Resin is an isophthalic based resin, with high chemical and corrosion resistance. Specially formulated for high performance applications where chemical and water resistance are paramount, being unwaxed additional laminates can be applied without sanding.
ISO Laminating Resin based resins are becoming extremely popular in the manufacturing industry, due to their lower costs and high performance qualities over conventional polyester resins. This resin is provided unwaxed as standard and will remain with a tacky surface upon curing. Ideal to be used when multiple layers need to be applied during curing or when a topcoat will be applied. No sanding necessary. If you require a tack free finish, use of a Wax and Styrene additive in the final resin layer will provide a tack free finish
Catalyst: When purchasing 20kg of Resin Catalyst will be sent separately.
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by volume or weight only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and catalyst for optimum performance.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Mix Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide (Catalyst) with resin at a ratio of 2% by weight or volume.
- Use a syringe or scales to measure catalyst accurately, add to measured resin and mix slowly, ensuring not to create excessive air entrapment. Mix for approx. 30 seconds, ensuring to scrape bottom and edges of the mixing container.
- Resin pot life will be approx. 30 – 45 mins mixed at a 2% catalyst ratio *
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or catalyst comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.