Polyester ISO Core Adhesive is a isophthalic based resin. Designed as an adhesive for core materials such as marine ply, PVC foam, polyurethane and honeycomb cores.
Polyester ISO Core Adhesive is a high thixotropic resin enabling it to be put on vertical surfaces without sag or drainage. Designed to be used with a trowel or squeegee. A colour indicator is present in the resin to easily identify when catalyst has been added to resin and to ensure that it is mixed in thoroughly preventing any un-catalized resin. Polyester ISO Core Adhesive has a fast thin film cure to ease the work ability for the end user.
Polyester ISO Core Adhesive has a limited shelf life of approx. 6 months. Orders of ISO Core Adhesive may take up to 5 days production time, depending on stock levels.
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by weight only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and catalyst for optimum performance.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Mix Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide (Catalyst) with resin at a ratio of 2% by weight.
- Use a syringe or scales to measure catalyst accurately, add to measured resin and mix in well. Mix for approx. 30 seconds, ensuring to scrape bottom and edges of the mixing container.
- Resin pot life will be approx. 15 – 25 mins mixed at a 2% catalyst ratio *
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or catalyst comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.