Polyester Marine LSE40 is a orthophthalic based polyester resin, that shows excellent physical and mechanical properties. Specially formulated for use in water applications; including boats, yachts and water tanks.
Polyester Marine LSE40 will also suit all general purpose fibreglass applications. This resin has low styrene emissions, low shrinkage, long workable pot life and backed by a LLoyds approval for marine use. Please note that this resin has a small amount of wax content and will cure with a non tacky surface. If re-coat is needed and laminate is cured ensure that the surface is sanded between laminates or top coating.
Please Note: All 20kg resin purchases will have the catalyst sent in a seperate package and consignment due to Australian Transport of Dangerous Goods laws.
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by volume or weight only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and catalyst for optimum performance.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Mix Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide (Catalyst) with resin at a ratio of 2% by weight or volume.
- Use a syringe or scales to measure catalyst accurately, add to measured resin and mix slowly, ensuring not to create excessive air entrapment. Mix for approx. 30 seconds, ensuring to scrape bottom and edges of the mixing container.
- Resin pot life will be approx. 30 – 45 mins mixed at a 2% catalyst ratio *
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or catalyst comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.