Acetone is a good solvent for many plastics and some synthetic fibers. It is used for thinning polyester resin, cleaning tools used with it, and dissolving two-part epoxies and superglue before they harden. It is used as one of the volatile components of some paints and varnishes. As a heavy-duty degreaser, it is useful in the preparation of metal prior to painting. It is also useful for high reliability soldering applications to remove rosin flux after soldering is complete; this helps to prevent the Rusty bolt effect
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If any chemical comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all chemicals as per your council regulations for hazardous material.