650 Series is a two part, free flowing, liquid epoxy adhesive with a rapid 5 minute cure time. It can be used on a wide range of materials showing excellent adhesion and superior strength. 650 Series is the perfect adhesive to have for all those general purpose projects. It is formulated to be mixed at a easy 1:1 ratio and can even have fillers added to create a thickened glue paste. With an almost endless shelf life 650 Series is the one glue that is needed in every shed in Australia. Skip the old Araldite and buy some of Trojans 650 Series, its a massive 630% cheaper and far superior.
650 SERIES Kit purchases online will come with both Part A and Part B resin.
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by volume only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and hardener for optimum performance.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Mix at a ratio of 1 Part A : 1 Part B (650A : 650B)
- Use a syringe or measuring cup to measure hardener accurately, add to measured resin and mix slowly, ensuring not to create excessive air entrapment. Mix for approx. 30 seconds, ensuring to scrape bottom and edges of the mixing container. A good rule of thumb for mixing epoxy is to keep mixing epoxy until the cloudiness of the hardener disappears and this means the part A and part B have been blended well together.
- Resin pot life will be approx. 5 mins when mixed at a ratio of 1:1 *
- Epoxy resins a suspectable to amine blush at times, amine blush is an oil like film that appears on the resin surface once cured, and this is due to excessive moisture in the air, to minimize the amount of blush that may appear on the resin surface ensure you choose a low humidity day or environment this will aid in reducing the blush. In the event that blush occurs light wet sand and polish can improve the surface finish.
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or hardener comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.