1000 Series High Clarity Epoxy Resin is a high quality clear epoxy resin ideal for a mass of different applications from fibre laminates, wood saturation, glue powders, resin art, timber coatings, river tables, castings the options are endless. Manufactured right here in our Australian production plant you can be sure the quality is perfect every time.
1000 Series can be used to laminate woven and non woven reinforcements such as carbon fibre, aramid, S Glass, E Glass, dynel and powder bound chopped strand mat, Due to its low viscosity it wets out fibre’s with ease. The low viscosity is ideal to be used for a wood saturation, and can be further thinned with an MEK solvent. 1000 Series has also been successfully used in resin art, badging, casting, river table projects and clear timber coatings. Being crystal clear and with a low viscosity makes it ideal for these projects, where clarity, self leveling and resin flow are key.
The uses do not end there, 1000 Series can also be used as a standard laminating resin in any general purpose or marine laminating applications, with excellent water and corrosion resistance properties, easy wet out of fibre’s and long workable pot life. With the appropriate fillers or fibre’s 1000 Series can used as an excellent glue paste, putty or fairing compound.
Please note that 1000 Series is not UV stable in outdoor direct sun environments, if you are using 1000 Series as an outdoor clear coating it is advised you seal 1000 Series with a high quality UV stable 2 part polyurethane coating for longevity.
- Resin should be mixed in a clean plastic disposable container or measuring jug. Resin should be measured by volume only. It is very important to accurately measure resin and hardener for optimum performance.
- Ideal resin temperature is 18-25°c or room temperature. Resin temperature outside of this will have a change in pot life and working time.
- Mix in the following ratio, 2 Parts A : 1 Part B. (1000A : 1000B).
- Resin pot life will be approx. 30-40 mins when mixed at a 2:1 ratio. *
- Use a syringe or measuring cup to measure hardener accurately, add to measured resin and mix slowly, ensuring not to create excessive air entrapment. Mix for approx. 30 seconds, ensuring to scrape bottom and edges of the mixing container. A good rule of thumb for mixing epoxy is to keep mixing epoxy until the cloudiness of the hardener disappears and this means the part A and part B have been blended well together.
- Epoxy resins a suspectable to amine blush at times, amine blush is an oil like film that appears on the resin surface once cured, and this is due to excessive moisture in the air, to minimize the amount of blush that may appear on the resin surface ensure you choose a low humidity day or environment this will aid in reducing the blush. In the event that blush occurs light wet sand and polish can improve the surface finish.
General Safety Directions
- Always consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS). Available upon request.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Wear the following PPE safety equipment; disposable gloves, face mask, safety glasses.
- If resin or hardener comes into contact with skin or clothing. Remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with cool water. If any further symptoms persist consult your doctor or emergency department.
- Dispose of all resins as per your council regulations for hazardous material.